Monday, January 30, 2012

G.K. Chesterton Art Idea

The title's not exactly indicative of the title, but oh well. A while back I go the idea that I wanted to make a twisted mirror, which was what the sketch NotReality was supposed to be. As I went through a bit more of the creative process, however, I realized that I wanted to do something a bit more positive than showing a person fusing into a demon. I still liked the warped mirror technique, however, and wanted to experiment with it. Well, shopping through Amazon, I found this mirror. Neat, huh? It should be here tomorrow.

I'm a real fan of G.K. Chesterton's Orthodoxy. It's a book that constantly challenges me, and I find that it reflects a lot of the beliefs I wish I could have about the world. So I'm going to find a way to put the book itself into my work as a collage. What does that mean?

I have no idea. You'll know shortly after I do, however, that much I can promise!

1 comment:

  1. It's one of the best books I've come across, as well. I've not yet read it enough times to be able to say honestly that I've consumed everything in it - and one could read it in an evening! Good luck with your project.

    ReplyDelete